- Functional testing of components or assemblies demonstrates their ability to meet
the design requirements set forth by the customer. Functional testing, unlike
environmental testing, demonstrates the functionality of the equipment by
subjecting it to various customer–specified cycles of operation under different
loading conditions, and at all its operating modes. The goals include optimization
of design after equipment testing, check of operating parameters, calibration, etc.
- It is important to confirm that a newly developed product will operate as is stated
in its specifications in as many feasible "worst case scenarios" as possible. At AERO
NAV LABORATORIES we will use our experience to develop and execute a
functional testing program specific to our client's needs. The program will be
designed to verify the functionality and reliability of the given test item.
- The laboratory is fully equipped with a wide range of transducers, mechanical and
electrical testing load devices, instrumentation, data acquisition and recording
equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for test setups, mounting fixtures,
etc. Furthermore, the laboratory will design and fabricate any required unique
setups in support of the functional tests.
- Interesting examples of this kind of testing can be found in the ARTICLES section.
One article describes a specialized air blast chamber that AERO NAV LABS
designed and fabricated. The purpose was to verify the design of a piece of
equipment required to survive an air blast condition, prior to advancing to the full-
scale production effort.
|AERO NAV LABORATORIES, Inc | 14-29 112TH STREET | COLLEGE POINT | NEW YORK | 11356 -1435 | (near La Guardia Airport)
(718) 939-4422 | (800) 680-6608 | Site Map
Follow, like and subscribe